A Century of History

Established at the beginning of the last century, in 1905, it is one of Italy’s earliest sparkling wineries using the traditional method and one of the oldest wineries in the Oltrepò Pavese region.

Nowadays, speaking of the founder Angelo Ballabio, is to remember a rare man, widely and fondly known as the “country doctor” of wine: a good, simple man of prodigious learning as a result of an entire lifetime spent making the best possible wine. He never bought a single bunch of grapes or a single litre of wine. This standing was confirmed by the many national and international awards that the winery received from 1911 onwards.

Today our goal is still to make wines that can express and bring out the natural uniqueness of our vineyards. Harmony between modern and traditional criteria allows us to obtain a production of extremely high quality.